Foster Adoptive & Kinship Parent Support NJ
FAFS support staff are experienced in dealing with DCP&P (formerly DYFS) policies and procedures; many of them also happen to be foster, adoptive and kinship parents just like you.
They understand your concerns and issues, and are here to help you whether you're just getting started or are a seasoned foster parent. If you hope to adopt from foster care in NJ, or have already adopted, or are grandparents raising grandchildren in NJ or another kinship caregiver, we have staff who have real-life, personal experience in these areas as well. Whether you have a complex issue or a basic question, our foster adoptive & kinship parent support services staff is here to assist you with both empathy and professionalism. Meet our Family Advocates or contact us today. FAFS also offers a Toll-Free Foster Adoptive & Kinship Parent Hotline: 1.800.222.0047.
Our foster adoptive & kinship family support services staff can answer questions like:
- What is the process for becoming a foster parent in NJ and how long does it take?
- Can children in foster care share a bedroom?
- What foster parent training do I have to take and for how long?
- How long does a foster child have to be in my home before I can adopt?
- Why does TPR (Termination of Parental Rights) take so long?
- How long until I get my first placement? / Why haven't I received a placement yet?
- I filed an inquiry a while ago - why hasn't CP&P contacted me yet?
- I'm a family member taking in a relative - why does DCP&P need so much information?
- What is the difference between adoption and Kinship Legal Guardianship (KLG) Ask Your Question Now
More questions our foster adoptive & kinship parent support services staff can help with:
Foster adoptive & kinship family advocacy in NJIf you are the subject of an IAIU investigation, we will mediate, attend meetings with you, etc.If you are having an issue with a caseworker, we will help you navigate DCP&P's chain of command to insure your concerns are heard. Let Us Advocate For You
Other helpful services - FAFS Family Support Groups | Volunteer Committees
All of FAFS' support & advocacy services are offered free of charge for licensed foster adoptive & kinship parents (licensed resource parents) in NJ.
Have a question or need assistance? Ask it now by filling out the form below (please note that all fields are required) or calling our Toll-Free Hotline at 1.800.222.0047.