When you adopt from foster care in NJ, you make a wonderful difference in the life of an abused or neglected child, as well as your own.
Do you want to give a child a forever family? Here’s how to adopt from foster care in NJ:
- Fill out the form below, or call FAFS at 1.800.99.ADOPT: When you call, our Information Line support staff will gather some general information regarding yourself and your family. They will also discuss what children you might be interested in adopting; some people who are interested in adopting from foster care are willing to take siblings or children with special needs, while others may prefer young children or teens. Meet some of New Jersey’s waiting children. There are many more children who are waiting for a forever family, so if you don’t see your match, don’t give up on your dream of adopting from foster care in NJ. Contact us today.(If you are not ready to adopt from foster care at this time, but would like to find out about foster parenting, click the link to learn how to become a foster parent in NJ.)
- Read the information we send you. FAFS will mail or email you information explaining the nature of adopting from foster care, the children who need your help, and what is required when you adopt a foster child in NJ. Information on FAFS services and DCP&P will also be included. Learn more today.
- Attend a Group Engagement Orientation Session: A DCP&P Recruiter will contact you to invite you to a group engagement where you will get face-to-face answers to all your questions about how to become a foster parent in NJ. Find out more.
- Complete a homestudy and attend Pre-Service Training: DCP&P staff will visit you at home and get to know you and your family. At that time, a Resource Family Support Worker will advise you if there are any changes you need to make to your home to make it safe for the child you’re adopting. Pre-Service Training will help you get ready to adopt from foster care in NJ. You will learn about DCP&P policy, what the adoption process entails, and how best to cope with issues that the child may have before, during and after becoming part of your family. DCP&P requires that you complete both the homestudy and the pre-service training so that you may adopt from foster care in NJ. Ready to begin?
- Wait to welcome the child into your home: When you adopt a foster child in NJ, the process can take some time, but our parents say that it is worth the wait! Your Resource Family Support Worker will work with you to find the best match for your family. Begin your adoption journey today.
If you’re interested in learning more about foster care adoptions in NJ, please fill out the inquiry form below and we will contact you to answer all your questions.
Please note: This form is not an application to adopt from foster care in NJ; this is only an inquiry to receive information.
Adopt A Foster Child in New Jersey
Call 1.800.99.ADOPT or fill out the form below