|News Flash!||Trainings/SN Meetings||Support/Advocacy||Scholarship||News/Events||Friends|
Training/Support Network Meeting Announcements
Free CPR Training
FAFS is pleased to share this list of free or low cost CPR Training providers! There’s also CPR Training providers who provide discounted rates to resource parents. Learning CPR could potentially save the life of a child in your home, so if you are interested, please contact the provider in your area for more information.
Looking for the Latest Training / Meeting Announcements?
Emergency Care In Case of a Disaster
Are you a resource parent willing to provide care to any unaccompanied minors during a disaster? The New Jersey Department of Child Protection and Permanency is looking to compile a list of providers who can care for children of any age in case of an emergency. Families interested in participating are asked to call FAFs at 1.800.222.0047.
A Message from New Jersey Department of Children and Families
To prevent subsidy and board payment disruptions, you may receive a debit card while your direct deposit enrollment packet is being processed. The debit card may be used until your bank authorizes direct deposit payments. If you have questions before July 1, 2014, please call the New Jersey Department of Children & Families Office of Advocacy at 1-877-543-7864. After July 1, 2014, please call the New Jersey Department of Children & Families Customer Service Center at 1-844-830-6178. For more information, click here.
Mobile Response and Stabilization Services
We are excited to announce that all New Jersey resource and kinship placements have been selected to participate in the Mobile Response and Stabilization Services (MRSS) project. All children and youth placed by CP&P local offices will receive services through MRSS at the time of placement. The purpose of this project is to provide increased support to our children and Resource Parents during the transition into their new home. The project has an aggressive roll out schedule whereby this service will be active on all placements in all counties by April 2017. Below is a quick guide of the benefits and services of MRSS for your review.
Guide for New Jersey’s Resource Families
• Mobile Response and Stabilization Services are available 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week and can be reached toll-free at 1-877-652-7624;
• Families should call for help when a child is involved in an emotional or behavioral health crisis that causes a disruption in the home. (Call 911 if someone’s life or health is in danger);
• Mobile Response is also available whenever a child between the ages of 3 and 18 is initially placed with your family;
• A request for services and consent from a resource family is all it takes to receive a Mobile Response dispatch and intervention services;
• Mobile Response will respond to your request for assistance by coming to your home within one hour or within 24 hours at an convenient time;
• Mobile Response will work with you and your child to reduce or deescalate the identified behaviors and may provide intervention services during the 72 hours following the request for dispatch;
• A plan will be developed that will include identified behaviors that need to be addressed, strategies to address the behaviors, and desired outcomes;
• Mobile Response may recommend stabilization management services for up to 8 weeks. These services could include stabilization services, Intensive In-Community Services and/or Behavioral Assistance Services.
Looking for the Latest Training / Meeting Announcements?
A reminder from NJ Office of Licensing
In light of the fact that many Resource Families are active users of Facebook and other social networking websites, we want to remind everyone that confidentiality of children in placement and information regarding their families extends to this mode of communication. Any information regarding DCF children and families that is shared on Facebook, including photos or any other social networking site, is a breach of confidentiality.
Foster and Adoptive Fun Day
Camden County would like to thank all of foster and adoptive homes with a free night of fun for the kids. This event includes pizza, soda and the socks needed to jump. The event is from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on July 7. For more information, including the location, please contact Juliet Henninger at (856)772-0152 ex.111 or Ronald Taylor (856) 772-0152 ex. 128.
Save the Date
Please join the DCF at an “End of Summer” event full of rock wall climbing, swimming, rope climbing, fishing and hiking on Saturday, August 26th. For more information, including the location, email Dilia.Coppedge@dcf.state.nj.us.
Enter to Win Tickets to Sahara Sam’s or Diggerland!
Winners will be selected at random each month!
Click here for a full day admission coupon for Diggerland in West Berlin, NJ.
Sahara Sam’s Oasis Indoor and Outdoor Waterpark Coupon
Click here for a full day admission coupon for Sahara Sam’s Oasis Indoor and Outdoor Waterpark in West Berlin, NJ.
Apple Camp Opportunities
If the children in your care are between the ages of 8-12, there is an excellent opportunity to attend Apple Camp! In just 3 days, they can learn how to make movies with iMovie and create interactive books in iBooks. For more information, click here. If you’re looking for an Apple Store near you, visit here.
Discount at Cherry Hill TGI Friday’s
TGI Friday’s, 2125 Route 38, Cherry Hill is offering $10 off any meal $30 or more to all foster, adoptive and kinship parents. Click here to download the coupon. The coupon can be used more than one any day Monday through Thursday.
Deals and Discounts For Resource Families in NJ
15% off any check indefinitely if a resource parent uses the code RESOURCE PARENT at the register at Pancheros Mexican Grill, 910 Haddonfield Berlin Road in Voorhees.