The Academic and Career Exploration to Success (ACES) program serves New Jersey Foster Care (NJFC) Scholar-eligible adolescents between the ages of 16-21 as they transition out of high school in the following counties: Hunterdon, Middlesex, Somerset, Mercer, Monmouth and Ocean.
This foster youth coaching program focuses on adolescents’ educational and employment development, as coaches assist each adolescent in decision-making processes, soft skill development and direct assistance during the college application and job application processes.
The program also provides:
- Direct access in finding scholarships and understanding financial aid
- Support in completing the FAFSA, postsecondary applications and job applications
- Education and career planning for high school students
- Support to current adolescents seeking postsecondary education
- Connections to county-based education and employment resources and networks
- Events, workshops and experiences to assist in the adolescent’s transition into adulthood
- Advocacy, support and general technical assistance
To learn more about the ACES Program, please contact Director of Scholarship Programs Marjorie Blicharz.
Collie Crisman, ACES Coach, Region 2 (Hunterdon, Middlesex and Somerset counties)
Christina Reilly, ACES Coach, Region 2 (Hunterdon, Middlesex and Somerset counties)
Kiana Smiling, ACES Coach, Region 3 (Mercer, Monmouth, Ocean counties)
Maria Sanders, ACES Coach, Region 3 (Mercer, Monmouth, Ocean counties)