Dreamers and Believers awards are granted to children and youth who are currently in foster or kinship care under the authority of the New Jersey Division of Child Protection & Permanency (CP&P) – or- have been adopted through CP&P -or- under Kinship Legal Guardianship (KLG). Recipients can receive this award up to the age of 21.
- Specialized training or instruction based upon exceptional ability, skill or interest demonstrated by the child
- Some examples – music lessons or camp, art lessons or camp, science camp, equestrian camp, advanced level tutoring, ballet course, etc.
- Rental of equipment or supplies for the special training/instruction (No Purchases of Tangible Items)
- Awards are limited to amounts up to $600.00
- Payment will only be made to the vendor or service provider. No reimbursements will be issued.
- Applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis. Quarterly deadlines are as follows (applications must be received in the FAFS office by these dates): March 30, June 30, September 30 and December 30.
- The number and amount of awards is contingent upon funding levels
- Approved awards notification will be mailed three weeks after the calendar quarter in which they are received