Apply for a Dreamers and Believers Grant
Make a dream come true for a child in your home – apply for a Dreamers and Believers Grant
Through the generosity of the Dreams R Us Foundation, Foster and Adoptive Family Services (FAFS) is proud to announce a new program for New Jersey children in foster or kinship care, or children adopted through the New Jersey Division of Child Protection & Permanency (DCP&P). The Dreamers and Believers grant helps provide opportunities for special experiences to allow dreams to come true.
To apply for an award, please complete the appropriate online form below, or if you prefer, download and print the paper application form.
Wondering how to fill out the application?
Dreamers and Believers awards are granted to children and youth who are currently in foster or kinship care under the authority of the New Jersey Division of Child Protection & Permanency (DCP&P) -or- have been adopted through DCP&P -or- under Kinship Legal Guardianship (KLG). Recipients can receive this award up to the age of 21.
- Specialized training or instruction based upon exceptional ability, skill or interest demonstrated by the child
- Some examples – music lessons or camp, art lessons or camp, science camp, equestrian camp, advanced level tutoring, ballet course, etc.
- Rental of equipment or supplies for the special training/instruction (NO Purchases of Tangible Items)
- Awards are limited to amounts under $600.00
- Payment will only be made to the vendor or service provider. NO reimbursements will be issued.
- Recipients can receive this award up to the age of 21
- Only signed and fully completed applications will be considered.
- Full award approval is not guaranteed
- Applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis
- Quarterly deadlines are as follows (applications must be received in the FAFS office by these dates): March 30, June 30, September 30 and December 30. Applications received after the quarterly deadline will be held until the next review period.
- The number and amount of awards is contingent upon funding levels
- Approved awards notification will be mailed three weeks after the calendar quarter in which they are received
- The caregiver MUST submit proof of deposit for the activity or camp
- A thank you note to the Dreams R Us Foundation is required prior to payment to vendor
If you have any questions regarding your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the appropriate link below to submit your application online:
Prefer not to submit online? Download and print the application.